Monday, February 3, 2014

Risotto Minanese

Whenever I'm craving something with a little more substance, risotto is my go-to. My favorite risotto I've ever made is asparagus risotto, although my spring vegetable risotto with poached eggs is a close second. I came across this recipe and wasn't too sure because it didn't contain a main vegetable. I'm so glad I gave it a try because it turned out really good! You think the cheese would give it a yellow/orange color, but it is actually the saffron threads (this was obviously my first time cooking with them...).

Ingredients: 
3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon saffron threads
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
3 gloves garlic (minced)
1 cup (dry) arborio rice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup romano cheese
1/4 cup dry white wine










Instructions:
Heat chicken broth and saffron threads in low heat in a pan
In a large pot, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
Once melted add garlic and onion---cook for 2 minutes on medium heat
Stir in rice and mix well
Add dry white wine
Add chicken broth with saffron threads one cup and a time--- when broth is absorbed, add another cup until the broth runs out
Remove from heat and add the remaining butter and both cheeses

Makes 3-4 servings... Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment